13/06/2013

Spanish omelette with potato chips :: Tortilla de patatas chip

While I was browsing around to write this post looking for the original recipe, I stopped by some cooking tv programs I used to watch when I was a kid. I remember the cheery soundtrack sang by a lady-voice that made you wake up from your siesta and watch the TV. Then cooking TV programs evolved and now it's completely a party watching them.

All of this made me think I'll write a post about those tv programs. Anyway! One of these I used to watch was Jose Andres Chef's. I don't know if he was then the famous chef he is now but he was so much fun when he cooked and he showed me an alternative modern cooking such as fried watermelon (did you ever see that?) or the spanish omelette with potato chips  I'm posting today.


Ingredients
  • 4 eggs
  • 160 gr potato chips
  • 75 ml olive oil

Elaboration

First thing you have to do is breaking the eggs and beating them. Jose Andre's says that you don't have to beat them a lot, just as I'm showing you the picture (for me it's too hard not beating them at all but hey, if the Chef says so I can only follow him!)
Now add the potato chip. As you can see they are too bulky. Grab a fork and break them a little bit to make sure they soak in the egg. Leave the potatoes with the egg for a while until you pour the oil in the pan and heat it.
Once the olive oil is heated, add the mix and cook it. The key here is that when you see the egg is curdling you know it's time to flip and cook the other side. To do it, choose a plate with a larger diameter than the pan. Hold the plate, flip the pan and put the omelete again in to finish cooking.
It too easy and you don't need too many ingredients to make it. It's the perfect omelete for you people that don't like onions. However, since I love onions I prefer the traditional spanish omelette. But try and tell Jose Andres what you think about it ;)

LinkWithIt

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...