17/08/2014

Homemade energy bars :: Barritas energéticas caseras

As you have probably noticed I haven't been posting recipes weekly. The reason why isn't that I haven't been cooking or that I have been on vacations (it happened too, of course), it is that I have been too lazy lately. But I am trying to be back to embrace the cooking-shooting-pics routine to be able to post every sunday.
This week I am bringing you a super healthy energy bars that you can quickly make and that they are perfect to have as a morning snack.

Ingredients


  • 30 gr. of Almonds 
  • 80 gr. of Raisins
  • 100 gr. of Dates




Elaboration
On of the best ways to measure the ingredients for your bars is using a cup as a measuring tool (as you can see in the pictures). Once you have got all the ingredients ready we will start to fill in the breaker.

Add the dates and the raisins.
Then, add the almonds (I added here a little bit of nuts too!). Now, breake them all for 1-2 minutes. Place the dough on a plastic wrap.
The point here is to build up easily edible bars that you can eat in one bite. So, cover the dough with the plastic wrap remaining and press with your hand until you get a compact dough.
I draw a 1,5 cm wide square and finally shaped a big bar to cut it into small ones afterwards.
If it is being a hot summer where you live (like in Barcelona!) put the large bar in the fridge for 20 minutes so it will be easier to cut.

Now there is no excuse to have an energetic healthy snack between meals!


Font: Original recipe here

LinkWithIt

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...