07/05/2013

Cheese cake with kiwi :: Tarta de queso con kiwi

 
I'm sure many of you use gelatine in your daily cooking but, to be honest, it was years since I last used it. Actually I HAD TO USE IT since the expiring date was approaching and, considering I hate throwing food away, I was obligated to make gelatine the main ingredient (not that exactly but I like exagerating ;) So, what did I do? Obviously I didn't made it up so I googled the main word and: ta-da! found the recipe here

Ingredients
  • 300 gr of cream cheese 
  • 120 gr of butter
  • 20 cookies 
  • 2 mangos 
  • 5 chestnuts 
  • 1 sheet of gelatine (0,6 gr)
  • 200 gr liquid cream 
  • juice of a ½ lemon 
  • ½ glass of water 
  • 3 spoons of white sugar
Elaboration
For the base, crack the cookies and the chestnuts.
You can do it with the mixer. I usually do it with the chopper because it works faster (and because I want to use this machine from time to time not to get rusty hehe). Put the mixture in a bowl and add the butter that you have previously have taken out from the fridge and mix with your hands until the mixture is compact. 
Put the dough in a container (or divide it into 4 balls to put it in 4 individual ones) and spread it. Leave it in the fridge for at least 15 minutes.
Soak the gelatine in a bowl. When softened, take out the gelatine from the water and place it in a pot with 20 ml of liquid cream stirring until it is diluted. 
Take another bowl and mix the cream cheese with the liquid cream left, the sugar, the lemon juice and the diluted gelatine. 
Mix it with energy and empty it in the container which has got the base you made before. Put it directly in the fridge until it is solid (3-4 hours).
Peel the mango and cut into slices. Cover the cheese cake with the kiwi and decorate with 'some green' on it :)
I'm going to tell you something: IT'S DELICIOUS! I made this dessert for my whole family and it was a blast, I promise!

Now your turn Spanish Kitchenetters!

LinkWithIt

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...