23/03/2015

Bento box world :: El mundo de las cajitas Bento

I wish my lunchboxes would have ever look like this when I was a kid and I had to have takeaway. Japanese people really know how to make it cheerful and fun.

According to Wikipedia, a bento box is a single-portion takeout or home-packed meal common in Japanese cuisine. A traditional bento holds rice, fish or meat, with pickled or cooked vegetables, usually in a box-shaped container.

The ones I am showing you are called "kyaraben" ("character bento"). Kyaraben are typically decorated to look like popular characters from Japanese cartoons (anime), comic books (manga), or video games.

How cool are they? Honestly, I will never do that with my kids, it is a lot of work, but I bet Japanese people are very talented and they can quickly fix these meals.


Images from Pinterest

LinkWithIt

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...