20/03/2015

Zucchini spagheti with chicken :: Espagueti de calabacín con pollo


I have a love it or hate it relationship with zucchini. I love that vegetable, which is very healthy, but I find it very dull. Tasteless. In fact, I know I should play with condiments to flavour them up. After many tries, I basically gave up and considered this veggie a simple dull side dish.

But last day I found in Pinterest a very interesting recipe and I said to myself I should make it and post it step by step. I changed a few things but it is basically the same recipe by Mouth Watering. I should say THANKS to the author because we just loved. My husband was like: "next time make double portion for each one, please".

Hope you like it too!

Ingredients (2 portions)
(pictures are for just 1 portion since I was trying out)
  • 4 Zucchini
  • 2 Chicken breast
  • Cilantro
  • Black pepper
  • Cumin
  • Lemon



Elaboration
Considering that many of you might not have that spagheti machine, use a mandoline to slice the zucchini and, later one, cut into thin stripes.
Now, steam the zuchinni for 5 minutes. You will notice that all that huge amount of green goes radically down after cooking it!


Meanwhile, chop the chicken and saute until it gets a golden color. Add black pepper while cooking. Once both main ingredients are done, put them together in a pan and flavour it.
Add the chopped cilantro, the cumin and squeeze a little bit of fresh lemon. 

Serve and enjoy a super healthy and yummy dish. Perfect for dinner because it is also something light to put in your belly before going to bed.

LinkWithIt

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...