01/12/2013

Quick butter cookies :: Galletas de mantequilla rápidas

I have tried quite a few recipes to make good nice butter cookies and I have always ended up messing around the kitchen for hours and, I’m sorry, I can’t allow it.
Here I’m sharing with you the BEST and QUICKEST recipe I have ever tried (for now). I got it from the book Chocolate (that you can find in Natura stores in Spain). I once woke up craving for something sweet and special for breakfast and I baked them in less than 40 minutes!
Tell me, don’t you feel like baking them right away? I think it is the perfect recipe for the coming Christmas meals to make with the kids! 

Ingredients (4 ppl)
  • 200 gr of butter 
  • 350 gr of flour
  • 2 spoons of cacao powder
  • 140 gr of sugar

Elaboration
First of all, sift the flour and cacao in a large bowl (I always tend to use crystal instead of plastic one before I am a bit paranoid and I believe plastic might leave some bad specks haha). 
Then, add the butter and knead all the ingredients with your hands until you get a consistency of breadcrumbs.
On a floured surface, stretch the dough into 1 cm sheet. 
Now it is the time to let your creativity fly away! As I want to make everything quick and easy, I make nice cookies with my super original winter cutter-like instruments! (I say “original” because they are from Ikea and come into a pre-made set, but they are cute anyway ;).
If you don’t want to spend money on it, choose a small cup, put it upside down on the dough, press and you will get a circular plain cookie.
Place the cookies in the baking tray. 

Bake the cookies in the oven for 30 minutes (previously heated at 180oC,). Remember it will depend on the oven you have to it is always good to have a look (and smell!) after the first 15-20 minutes to check how it is going on.

Take them out from the oven and display them in oven rack tray and sprinkle the sugar all over the cookies.
I made them with cacao but you can leave them without it and, then, soak them into black or white chocolate, add some jam, anything you just can imagine!

One more thing: eat them!! But be careful, they are too easy to bake them again soon ;)


Font: Chocolate

LinkWithIt

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...