27/04/2014

Avocado wings with spicy sauce :: Alitas de aguacate con salsa picante

 
Lately, I have become an avocado huge fan. It started by tasting this food for the first time in salads, then it came in the sushi and later I decided to eat it as a substitute of the meat and reduce the consumption of the last one.

However, I am bit lost on how to cook it despite of the typical recipes (sushi, salads, guacamole, etc.). Browsing around I found the coming recipe and I just had to try this out!

Seriously: it is delicious! I changed a few ingredients but still! Do you want to try this out as well ?

Ingredients

  • 2 Avocados
  • 150 gr. of breadcrumbs
  • 40 ml. of lemon juice
  • 125 gr. of yogurt
  • 2-10 drops of Tabasco (pepper sauce)
  • Black pepper
Elaboration
There are two basic steps: arranging the avocados and making the sauce to dip them in.

First of all, preheat the oven 200oC. Follow by cutting the avocado in half and make four strips for each part. With a knife, get rid of the skin and display the avocado in a platter.

Then, spread the lemon juice on the avocado. I used my Lékué Citrus Spray (it works fantastic!) and I did spray on each piece.
Now, dip in batter all the avocado wings with the breadcrumbs and place them on the oven tray, previously covered with foil. Introduce them in the oven for 10-15 minutes.

Secondly, you can start fixing the sauce. Empty the yogurt on a bowl and add the black pepper and the Tabasco. I suggest you adding few drops first, check how spicy it tastes and then add few mores if you feel like. Mix everything together and it is done!

Finally,take the avocado wings out from the oven and you are ready to enjoy them.

Hope you like this new recipe!

Font: Original recipe here

LinkWithIt

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...