29/06/2014

Typical spanish churros :: Churros típicos españoles


OH MY GOD. This was our reaction when tasting the churros.

Years ago, all excited I invited my parents over my place because I was about to make them churros for the very first time. What ended up was an explosion of flour and boiling water and olive oil. My dad got burn and my kitchen was a caos with oil everywhere (even in the ceiling!). I surrended.

But 3 days ago I came across with this marvellous recipe. I found that it looks very easy to make them and having a video (sorry, I am not in the mood to be a youtuber yet) helps to check out the difficulty. So, here I am to share it with you!

I PROMISE they taste REAL spanish churros. My boyfriend TOTALLY loved them. In my opinion, this is one of my best recipes ever. That or I am really excited about the result !!

Ingredients

  • 250 ml of water
  • 250 gr of flour
  • 30 ml of olive oil
  • 100 gr of sugar
  • A pinch of salt
  • 250 ml of sunflower oil

Elaboration

In a pot, pour the water and the olive oil and bring it to boil.
Grab the flour and reserve two tablespoons. We do this because, depending on the type of flour you use and the humidity of the time, our churros won't need all the flour (and it happened this time!).
Put the flour together with the salt and right away add the boiling water with the olive oil. Stir until the dough begins to solidify. It is very quick!
When making churros you can either buy a churros machine (which is not my purpose) or use a pastry bag. 

Prepare the pastry bag: cut the top and add the nozzle. To look them very spanish, grab a star-shaped nozzle (I chose the big one). To fill it in easily, choose a tall glass, set the pastry bag inside and start filling with the dough (keep watch because it's hot!).
Now it is time to make the churros! Display a baking paper. Firmly hold the pastry bag, curl on itself so that the dough goes down, press continuously and draw the churros.

Add the sunflower to your pan. The idea is to have 2-3 fingers deep because we want churros float. Heat the oil medium-high temperature. Carefully, add the churros to your pan when the oil is hot. Fry them for 2 minutes each side and display in a paper towel to get rid of the excess oil.
And as for the last step: in a bowl add the sugar and your churros. Mix them a little bit so the sugar will stick on them and you have got your TYPICAL SPANISH CHURROS!

I can't wait to invite my family over and have churros all of us!!

Enjoy your week!

Font: En casa contigo

LinkWithIt

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...